Over 4.5 million women use it in order to increase and change the shape of breasts.
There are basically 3 options of breast augmentation:
- Type of implants: you can choose silicone gel filled, saline filled, form stable and ultra-cohesive silicone gel filled implants.
- Placement of implants: you have three methods to choose – below pectoral muscle, in front of the pectoral muscle and behind the breast tissue.
- Location of incision: implants can be placed below the breasts crease (inframammary incision), along the border in the bottom half of the areola (periareolar incision) and in the armpit (transaxillary incision).
Other options are implant size, shape of implants, profile and texture of implants. It is very important to understand what your options are, before you go on that surgery. You should consult with your surgeon, tell him your marks and he will explain you every aspect of the surgery and answer on all your questions. Many women ask themselves whether they are the right candidate for a breast augmentation. In order to get a positive answer to this question, you need to meet several conditions and these are:
- You are too burdened by the size of your breasts
- That there is a mismatch between the scope of your hips and volume of your breasts
- That there is an asymmetry in the size and scope of your breasts
- That there are certain congenital deformities of the breasts
If you decide to increase your breasts, you should know exactly how you want them to look like. But, you may have some complications. Breast enlargement surgery has its risk as any other surgery. About the risks subject and possible complications, it is the best to consult your surgeon. Breast augmentation will make your breast look perfect. Many women who have increased their breasts look more attractive and have an inner confidence that is too strong. The results you got with augmentation are permanent. However, pregnancy and the natural process of aging will eventually alter the size and shape of your breasts that actually occurs to all women without augmentation. In such cases it is possible to do additional correction of an uplift.
Steps of a breast augmentation:
- Preoperative evaluation of the patient: on the first visit, plastic surgeon will take your history which would include information whether you are allergic to any medications, have you had or being treated of some illness, and more. This is important to obtain all information. He will examine your breasts and he will consider factors such as the size and shape of your breasts, the quality of your skin and the position of your nipple and areola. If your breasts are dropping, breast lift can be solved in combination with breast augmentation. After completion of augmentation, you can continue to control your breasts of any pathological changes, which may occur independently of the built-in breast implants. The presence of the breasts implants, however, has a technical significance of the surrounding tissue.
- Surgical technique: the incision can be made in inframammary grooves around the lower edge of the areola, under the armpit or rarely at the level of the navel. The implant is placed in a pocket directly behind the glandular breast tissue or under the pectoral muscle. Breast augmentation can be done under general or local anesthesia. When the operation is complete, you will go home after few hours.
- Postoperative treatment: a day or two after surgery, you should recover. First rewind is done for one or two days. Full recovery is complete within about seven days, until the sutures were removed around the 14 days after the operation. You can come back to normal activities after one week.